Search This Blog

Thursday 25 October 2018

Beautiful Nails Made Cheaper – Essie Gel Couture

Let's be honest, getting our nails done is expensive. Whether we're getting acrylics, gels, or just a normal manicure, most of us cannot afford to do it regularly. Does that mean we have to give up on having beautiful nails though? Of course not.

For me, what is important is finding a cheap alternative – something I can do myself that will still have a professional finish. I know a lot of people don't like to do their own nails, but honestly, practice makes perfect.

There are so many nail varnish brands out there to choose from that it can be a little overwhelming. I would always recommend finding a happy medium between price and quality because it's generally not worth spending very little if the quality is non-existent. My favourite brand for a long while has been Essie, and I swear by them. I find their nail polishes very easy to apply, they have a beautiful finish, and they usually last longer than some of the cheaper brands.

Essie Gel Couture in Sizzling Hot
Recently, my mum introduced me to their Gel Couture Collection. I personally think it is a nice, simple two-step system that guarantees professional, shiny looking nails that last considerably longer than the normal polishes. They have over 100 colours available and all it takes is two coats of whatever colour you have chosen, plus one coat of the platinum grade finish top coat.

In terms of pricing for the Gel Couture, Boots and Superdrug both sell the varnishes and top coats for £9.99 each. It's very reasonable and I definitely think it is worth the money. The colours available are all beautiful and the top coat really does give them an amazing shine. The last time I painted mine, they lasted over a week, which is pretty amazing for something done at home.

I would definitely recommend giving the Gel Couture a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment